Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Plum Sorbet

Tonight I did a bit of gardening and picked some raspberries and plums from the orchard. I found a plum sorbet recipe online. I made a small batch and man is it good. I used triple sec instead of Grand Marnier. I also added a handful of raspberries and reduced the lemon juice.
The pulp that was left over from the process went into a sauce pan with some more sugar and water. I added some pectin and made a small amount of freezer jam as well. No waste and 2 great products. I am already looking forward to making more plum jam.

Night
Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geesh, wish I'd seen your blog last week, just finished dealing with plums, plums, plums, more plums. Sorbet sounds lovely, not to mention a nice change from canned plums and HP sauce!

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

HP sauce. I hadn't even thought of that. I will have to look for good recipe for that.