Sunday, December 2, 2007

Quick Update

Well winter is here. We got some snow and freezing rain to start off December with. So far the chicken coop is handling the cold OK. I know the chickens don't like to be inside so much. I have been seeing some eggs in odd places this weekend, I think it is a result of the chickens needing more nest boxes spaced out more. I think I may head down to Rochester to the new big Fleet Farm latter this week.
In other news I got the first seed catalog this weekend as well. I love looking through them and figuring out what I want to plant next year.
I am also thinking about trying to grow some cold hardy veggies in the coop. I think possibly spinach. Just a little something for the chicks to eat besides grains and chicken feed through the long winter.

Well Keep Warm
Rick

No comments: