Friday, February 6, 2009

Don't call it a comeback!

Well I have returned to the blog. I know you may have been wondering if I had given up on this . We no I was just taking a bit of a break and now I am back.
So winter continues here at the farm. We have had a particularly cold winter so far, even by Minnesota standards. That means apart from the driveway clearing and tening the chickens not much farming, hobby or otherwise, was getting done as of late. I have spent a bit of time working on things inside the house like organizing the pantry and actually even started to work on the library again. I have also been doing lots of reading on all maner of foody, hippy and ecogeek subjects. I plan to post some short reviews on many of the books I have been simultaneously not finishing as I am finnaly able to take them off that list.
Also I am going to be starting a few more wine, beer and mead projects in the near future and plan to post on them as well. So stay tuned.

Proof of work on the pantry!

Rick

3 comments:

Stephanie Zvan said...

And here I just thought you were still shoveling out the driveway.

Jo said...

Hello Rick! I saw your message on my blog -- moocho groovy to connect with you after so many years. It's been a long time, much too long.

I've started to read your blog entries, catching up with what you are doing. Very very cool! And here I thought all of my old friends would think I was crazy for living the life I do and caring about this homesteading stuff. Who-da thunk we would both go this route!

And I should be the one going to YOU for questions -- you are far ahead of me on many things.

I've been through Cannon Falls several times - Simon's family is from Zumbrota. Very pretty country.

Here's my email if you'd like to communicate further: fhsoaps@gmail.com. Good to hear from you! Expect more blog comments from me in the future... whether you want them or not!

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

Hey Steph, I got the drive mostly done last week. I am now spending time getting the drive extended to the pole barn.

Hey Jo, Welcome to my little experiment in madness. For that matter you and Simon are kind of crazy for doing this, but you guys are my kind of crazy! Well if you guys are going to Zumbrota give us a call, we are just off 52. I will send you an email so you have my email as well.
And yes I have started reading your old posts as well.