Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blog

I am afraid things are still just coming along in the garden. We did manage to harvest a few strawberries earlier this week. But for the most part the news from the garden has been kind of slow. May was a very dry month for us. Much drier than we usually see here in the spring. But it looks like a change has come now that we are in June as just yesterday we received over an inch of rain. Once we get the June sun back I predict we should practicaly be able to hear the garden growing at night.
We also added 2 more tomato plants. We picked up a pair of sungold cherry tomatos last weekend at the St Paul Farmers market. I am told that it is perhaps the tastiest of all hte cherry toms.

More to come.
Rick

2 comments:

Kate said...

I keep hearing good things about the sungold lately. I've stuck by my Peacevines for years. They are utterly rampant producers, and I've always liked the taste too. But I may have to give the sungold a fair shake next year. Hope they do well for you.

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

Well thanks Kate. We have had good luck with toms over the years so we have high hopes. I may have to look into the Peacvines as well. I don't believe I have heard of them before.