Sunday, July 12, 2009

We are back!

Well we took a quick midsummer vacation to the north western Minnesota lake country this weekend. We had a wonderful time. We enjoyed quite a few trips around the lakes. We looked at the homes and gardens and marveled at the castles. I was happy to see so many gardens with edibles planted. I notice vegetable gardens more these days. I am not sure if there are in fact more of them or if I am just noticing them more frequently. But either way I think it is good.
I also did a bit of fishing as well. I caught a smallish Pike and we poached it in white wine with lemons and red onions. It was quite good. I may have to try and catch more pike in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to your Avatar? It was cute.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good vacation, I've always wanted to visit that area in Minnesota. I have noticed more gardens too and I've been pondering the same thing....are there more, or do I just notice more now?! :)

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

Not sure what has been happening with the avatar anon but I made some changes and updated it.

Thanks for the kind wishes Farm mom. It is always kind of hard to leave the yard during the warm months. I was kind of apprehensive about the vacation but it was just what the doctor ordered.