Monday, March 16, 2009

63F

It was 63F today. And it was -1F four days ago! Nothing like living in Minnesota to give you an appreciation of change. We are almost completely snow free and most of the puddles have even dried up. The ground has moved from hard to sploshy. Signs of life are even showing themselves again. This evening I was in the garden in an area that was covered by snow yesterday and today I spotted a woolly bear caterpillar crawling along! While I was outside this evening I could hear a sound like earthworms pulling down bits of leaves and dead grass and while I stood there a flock of Canada goose flew over. They were so low I could hear the sound of their feathers. Yup spring has officialy sprung. I plan to wash pots this week and start some seeds this weekend. WooHoo!

No comments: