Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dinner last night









Last night Jess and I made a dinner almost entirely from the garden. We made Fried Kale salad again. I love the taste of Brassicas after they have been exposed to high heat. It doesn't matter if it is deep fried broccoli or pan seared cabbage I just love the taste of them all.
We also made a sort of a frittata meets pizza dish (Fritatza??) out of our eggs and Swiss Chard. We topped that with some Blue Cheese and Antelope sausage made by a friend. We finished the plate off with some steamed Runner beans with butter.

We are hoping for rain tonight but the radar doesn't look promising.
I am also attempting to direct seed some pumpkin seeds. Not sure if I am too late but I thought it would make a neat experiment to plant them into some of the mole hills on the north end of the property.

3 comments:

Mr. H. said...

Antelope sausage and fried kale salad, now that sounds really good.

Last year we planted some early maturing squash on July 5th and with only 2 1/2 months left in our season they still did well for us. Gold nugget and Sugar pie pumpknins I beleive.

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

I think the seeds were for pie pumpkin so perhaps there is hope if we can get some rain. Like I said it is a bit of an experiment. Sometimes they turn out and sometimes they don't. I accept that.

Thanks for commenting Mr.H.!

K J SHENOY said...

Fascinating. And, of course, mouth-watering. Cheers.