Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Pancake Tuesday.

Well Jess and I went to our first caucus this evening after work. I have to admit that I was a little nervous going in. In truth it was a great experience, I got to meet a number of like minded neighbors and share views and ideas with them. I was surprised to see the number of people that were Democrats from my little township.
I also found out about another candidate for democratic party endorsement in the upcoming senate race. Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer. I was surprised that I hadn't heard of him before. I listened to a bit of the NPR Minnesota Debate and I liked what I heard from him. I am not sure yet that I am ready to endorse him outright but I did find him to be a viable candidate and plan to find out more about him.

2 comments:

TheBig Roz said...

Oh go for it Rick! He's a great candidate that touches and inspires most all people who hear him. So much better than the others.

Charley Underwood said...

Most people have an experience similar to yours. They come to a debate or listen to a bunch of candidates being interviewed on the radio. They may tune in because they recognize the name Al Franken. But after they listen to Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, they become Jack supporters.

And it isn't empty rhetoric. Jack truly gets it when it comes to understand that aggressive wars make us less secure rather than more secure. And we really need that money for solutions for the massive problem of climate change.

Jack is the one that we really need in the U.S. Senate.