Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good organizations.

I have been on the mailing list for Slow Food Minnesota for a while now. I keep meaning to get to more of their events but have only been to one so far. Jess and I really love their message of a slower and deeper food culture. I definitely feel that the sharing of food is one of the most basic building blocks of our society. I believe that is why we instinctively gather over food during important times in our lives. I hope you all had a wonderful gathering this week. I know we did.
In reading their newsletter I found out about the Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota who are having their annual conference just over at St. Olaf. I highly recommend following the link to see who the keynote speaker will be. I will probably write more about this once we have secured our tickets.

Rick

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh! Salatin's Polyface Farms is my favorite story in Omnibore's Dilemma. Should be a great time!