Saturday, May 31, 2008

Planting continues

Things are moving along. We finally got some much needed rain the last few days. I figured dragging 200 feet of hose out to the garden and filling the rain barrel would do it. Got a few more plants in the ground this morning. Jess and I planted out some sad little seedlings I had been attempting to kill in the basement. We planted 3 kinds of basil (sweet, cinnamon and lemon). We also planted out some cilantro seedlings and some nasturtiums as well. We direct seeded some decorative amaranth, some giant sunflowers and some bush lake blue green beans. Yesterday I also re-seeded the beets that got destroyed by the mole that visited the garden. I hope I have discouraged it enough for it to move else where in the yard. So, much planting was done. We also weeded the swiss chard,the lettuces and the kale. I also spread organic fertilizer pellets over the lot. I guess that is enough for one morning. I will try and post some pictures of the garden tomorrow.

Rick

No comments: